Summer is here and you’re still covered with layers and layers of flanel? Now is the moment to leave behind heavy clothing and warming foods to make room for light and summery alternatives.
Finally warm days, finally summer, time to relax body and mind. As temperatures are rising, your “winter body” will surface… here’s what to do to get in shape for the beach season
Outdoor activities, a walk, or maybe a bicycle ride, are all excellent ways to start.
Does getting in shape seem impossible? We have the perfect tips for you:
1. No stress: drastic last minute diets will just put you in a bad mood, and the weight you manage to lose will come right back…before you even get around to putting your bikini on. Never skip meals, maintain an active metabolism with small snacks, and reward yourself to a “day off” where you can eat whatever you want; after only a short while your body will get used to your healthy life style and you won’t miss your old habits a bit.
2. Start off slowly, eliminating sugar and fat; two components you do not need: tost and jam for breakfast, fruit or yoghurt for a mid-day snack, lots of vegetables and water, limited amounts of alcohol and a glass of wine only now and then. Carbs aren’t exactly to be seen as the enemy but don’t have too many, and preferably not in the evening.
Choose seasonal, colored foods, experiment with new flavors and combinations, limit seasoning like oil and salt, but go all-in on spices. Create delicious and eye-pleasing dishes!
3. Lots of physical activity: if you don’t have time to go to the gym, a walk on the beach is sufficient and will get you nice tan at the same time (tanned skin always makes you feel prettier!) Buy a pedometer that will remind you of your daily goal, 10.000 steps a day, because diet alone, and not combined with exercise, won’t get you far.
4. Try to follow your daily routine: don’t have dinner too late, get at least 7 hours of sleep per night, forget about work as soon as you leave the office, find time to chat with your girlfriends and to watch “Sex and the City” together on the couch (a healthy daily routine is as catching as the giggles amongst friends!).
5. Last but not least, maybe even more importantly…nobody is going to look better than you wearing your clothes. Feeling comfortable with yourself, and giving yourself credit, if you feel secure and happy others won’t notice the small defects but only your positive energy!
Here are a few ideas perfect for the summer season!
A healthy and tasty detox cocktail that you can make at home or have by the pool side of the Grand Hotel da Vinci.
What you need:
• 5 pieces of pineapple
• 250 ml orange juice
• 2 pieces of passion fruit
How to make it: put the ingredients in a shaker along with lots of ice, shake hard and filter into a glass and serve immediately.
Or, you could make a refreshing water detox to enjoy under your beach umbrella!
In our Restaurant La Spiaggia we make them everyday, like this:
• Fresh water, strawberries (ours come straight from the Batani Farm) and, if you want, a slice of lemon.
• If possible, use only organic fruit
• Leave the strawberries in water for 6 to 24 hours (not more), the longer the infusion, the better the aroma of the water.
• The strawberries can be used for a fruit salad once they have been taken out of the water.
Have a fresh summer!